Levi Strauss & Co. (“LS&Co.” or “we”) is deeply committed to the relationship of trust we have with you. For more than 160 years we have been creating authentic products by leading with our values. As we continue to innovate in how we bring products and services to life, we’ll match progressive technology and practices with your privacy interests.
As we bridge the shopping experience between the physical and digital worlds, we are happy to serve you in both. This policy describes the information we collect about you when you interact with us in our stores or on our website and
your information, and how to contact us.
What Information We Collect
We collect information when you interact with us at different touchpoints, and that information may include information that can directly or indirectly identify you (your “Personal Information”). For example, this can occur when you make a purchase or return, use our mobile app, browse our site or register for an account, use any of our features or services, use other platforms that connect with our features or services, reach out to customer service for assistance, or meet up with us at one of our local events. As one way of providing you with an optimal experience, we bring this information together with other information we might receive about you from our wholesale partners and other third parties, such as our trusted business partners and social media platforms.
The information we collect may include:
- Contact information, including name, email address, telephone number, and shipping and billing addresses.
- Credit card or other payment information.
- Purchase and return information and history, including our store locations you may have purchased from.
- Account or member program information, including login and password, account settings, and communication preferences in connection with marketing. Account information also includes information you populate in your account, preferences and interests you’ve shared with us, and can include optional demographic information.
- When you set up an account with us, that information is your unique account across the website and mobile app, and across our Levi’s® and Dockers® brands.
- Images of you, including photos you may choose to share, video captured by CCTV in our stores, and your voice when you use voice-command features which may be available on the website.
- Physical characteristics and measurements, such as height, weight and other body measurements, and apparel sizes.
- What you share when using features of our website, mobile app, services, or providing feedback, including designs you choose when you use our customization services, sending messages with a gift to another person, responding to a survey or giving feedback on our website, or when communicating with customer service or other online help features like our artificial intelligence (“AI”) powered chatbot.
- Information that you share about yourself in a public open forum, including in user-generated content elements of our website, leaving a review like email address, screen name, age range, height, weight, location, or on a social network. Although we appreciate your input, and at times ask for it, it is better to not post it if you aren’t comfortable with it being public.
- Automatically or passively collected browsing information, and type of device, when you visit our website or mobile app. This browsing information is linked to an IP address or another numerical identifier assigned and saved to your browser or device. Please see the section on Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies below to learn more.
- If you receive marketing emails from us, information on the actions you take in response to our emails, including whether you open an email or ultimately purchase a product promoted in the email
How and Why We Use Your Information
We use your information to:
- Fulfill transactional requests and provide features of the website and services whether online, or in one of our stores. This includes processing purchases or returns, signing you up for services like an account, email newsletters or events, responding to your customer service inquiries, or helping to facilitate your requests in connection with your Personal Information or account and communication preferences.
- Tell you about, manage, and deliver products, services, programs – like our member program, if offered in your area, events, ways to interact with our brands – like through our mobile app, and other promotional activities. We are excited about what we have to offer, and hope you will be too.
- Run and improve our business. This includes internal operations that allow us to meet our accounting, legal, tax, and similar obligations, providing sufficient information security to protect our data assets, and entering into and fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Administer, support and improve our online presence, whether on our website or mobile app, including to troubleshoot technical problems when they arise, and improve and enhance your experience with us. This includes limited visual recordings of the website during browsing sessions so we can find and fix problems you may encounter when using the website. The recorded browsing sessions are linked to browsing identifiers, and are kept for a limited period of time.
- Provide a seamless connection between your in-person and digital experiences with us. An example of this is using your information to streamline your checkout process by suggesting your shipping and billing address, or to enable features of our website, like “Find in Store” or “Find a Store.”
- Analyze, personalize, optimize and power features and functions on our website, in our stores, in communications, advertising, and experiences with you, or in developing products and technologies, and providing other services. This includes using information – like your purchases, geolocation, interests, preferences, and interactions with our various touchpoints, and data derived from information (including Personal Information) that you provide to us.
- Enable you to interact with our brands via social media, other platforms, and the Internet of Things (IoT), like Alexa and Google Assistant.
We may collect your Personal Information from time to time for other purposes and will provide notice and obtain your consent where appropriate.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share your information with some of our business partners who help us operate our stores, website, or other services – we consider these our trusted business partners. These partners may change over time, but we are committed to building relationships with third parties that are dedicated to providing you a safe and satisfying experience.
We may share your Personal Information with these categories of trusted business partners:
- Payment processing providers, to process payments for purchases.
- Fulfillment, transportation and logistics providers, to fulfill, track and deliver orders.
- Service providers that provide the technology that power our website, mobile app, and their features and services, in-store technologies, and the services that help maintain and run those technologies.
- Customer service providers and supporting technologies.
- Marketing service providers, to communicate with you about offers, news, and events which may be of interest to you. In some cases, when you have shown interest in our products by browsing the site, but not purchasing, we may provide your browsing information to a business partner that sends you advertisements on our behalf. If you don’t want to receive communications from us, see Your Choices below for how to let us know.
- Third party advertising providers that collect and use browsing information to place personalized ads on other websites, and social media platforms.
- Analytics and AI partners that collect or use browsing information, in some cases in connection with Personal Information, to help us understand you, the experience you are looking for as you interact with us, and to provide personalized experiences.
- Partners that help us with unique projects or offerings, such as product development, research, and opportunities we introduce as part of our corporate values, innovation and social responsibility, like enabling you to make online donations to charities.
- Other third parties, to the extent needed to meet legal obligations.
We permit our trusted business partners and third-party advertising companies (including ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors or providers of sponsored content) to collect your browsing information and numerical identifiers associated with your browser or device in order to provide ads on our behalf that are tailored to your interests.
Using tracking technologies, discussed in more detail under “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below, these companies collect data from a particular browser or device about a user’s web viewing behaviors over time, across unrelated websites, and in some cases combine such data with data collected from other browsers or devices associated with the same user or household, and use such data to predict user preferences and to deliver advertisements to that user which are calculated to target that user’s predicted preferences across devices.
Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of the third-party advertising companies that utilize cookies on our website to provide interest-based advertising enable you to opt out of those practices. If you would like to learn more about interest-based advertising and see what choices you may have about how companies use your information, please go to aboutads.info or networkadvertising.org. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there. It is important to note that in most cases opting out drops an “opt-out cookie” on your browser. As a result, if you delete cookies or use a different computer or browser, you’ll need to renew your opt-out choice.
Another way to opt-out of or control the collection of data for interest-based advertising is to adjust your browser settings as further described in the “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section below.
Please remember, even if you opt out of interest-based advertising on or through these sites and other opt-out sites or services, or by adjusting your browser settings, you may still receive ads from LS&Co., as interest-based ads are only one form of advertising.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies and web beacons are the technology generally driving collection of browsing information. We and our partners place cookies and other tracking technologies on the website and mobile app to create a smooth shopping experience – for example, allowing us to hold your shopping cart selections when you navigate away and then return to the order page, or save an item for later when you’re not quite ready to buy. Cookies also allow us to recognize you as an account holder when you return to our sites. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can block or delete cookies, to prevent the collection of your browsing information for purposes of delivering interest-based ads and tracking visitor behavior. You can typically do so through your browser. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. Please be aware that blocking or deleting cookies may also disable or interfere with shopping features on our sites and other sites that you may visit.
We want to give you information to help you exercise your options about your information, including how to change or correct your information, and the choice of not receiving marketing emails from us. Here are ways you can control our use of any submitted Personal Information:
- When you set up an account, or click on “Sign In” from any page on the website or mobile app, you can access, correct or update your choices and settings.
- If you receive email marketing communications from us on behalf of any of our brands and want to opt out of receiving such communications in the future from that brand, you can opt out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the promotional email.
- For choices regarding Cookies, Tracking Technologies and Interest-based Advertising, please see the “Interest-based Advertising” and “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” sections above.
- Our services will allow you to accept or reject use of geolocation technologies but, if you don’t accept, you may not be able to enjoy certain features.
Other Helpful Information
Social Media and Other Links on our Website
Social media provides tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our website. If you interact with these social media tools through our website – or any other links made available to you – you do so at your option, and your experience on those social media sites will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those sites. The privacy settings you have chosen on those sites will determine the degree to which your information is used, shared or made public.
Children and Minors
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information of any user aged 13 or under on our website, mobile app or other platforms. These offerings are intended for users who are 13 years old or older. If a user or their parent or legal guardian believes we have collected any Personal Information of a minor (under the age of 18), please contact us at email@example.com for removal of that data.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We care about protecting your information, so we employ physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect our customers’ Personal Information, including encryption and techniques to reduce the ability to identify an individual in some cases. Since no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot and don’t guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through our website or mobile app. Additionally, when you communicate with customer service via email or chat, we ask that you protect yourself and not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
When you register at our website, you will need to set up a password to access your information on our site. If you want to cancel your password or change it, click on “Sign In” from any page on our website, and you can access, correct or update your choices and settings from within your account. Note that we don’t ask customers to confirm account or credit card details by email – if you receive an email claiming to be from us and asking for this information, don’t respond.
Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your information described in this policy may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our website, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information, browsing information, and that communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States. We comply with laws governing the international transfer of personal information typically through the execution of legally required data protection agreements incorporating, where applicable, standard contractual clauses approved for use by the European Union.
Notice to Nevada Residents/Your Nevada Privacy Rights
LS&Co. does not exchange your Personal Information for money with anyone so that they can license or sell the Personal Information to additional parties.